13 Sept 2009

The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 20


I have made a choice that has less chosen. I longed for something to relieve my tedium everyday life. My journey has become tedious.

I love the first stanza as the persona and I are deep thinker who think and look further so that we will make a right choice. The first stanza portrays the battling minds and the endurance of the persona and I. We can be patient with the endurance at the same time battling with the minds to find solutions. Apart from that, we both stress ourselves enough to have such a wave of emotion to feel the every suffering of making a decision that will affect our entire future. As a result of the suffering, he writes an influential, realistic yet charming master piece. And I get a strike by his poem for my entire life. I believe if Robert Frost is still alive, he and I will become good friends who share the same kind of stress, suffering and great deep thoughts.

Our stress that pushes our every sense of the body to suffer is sharpening our every common sense and humanity.

I have in loved with this poem so much that I find none other poems is as attractive as this one.

The third stanza, oh I like it! I truly doubt whether I will turn back or go back to the side I have not taken to travel far. I truly doubted and doubting about it. I see that when a road is chosen, I will walk it out. There hardly will be any turning back for time. I feel the freshness of more green pasture in front. I will walk it out in the end. And time will age me and no doors to go back. Yet, it is not something so despair and desperate. One road leads to another, there is always better roads for me and blessing is waiting for me.

The last stanza reflects my voice of the tedium everyday life and the secret thought of choosing a better direction. I sigh to write my blog. I sigh. Yet, I am glad that I have made a decision and taken the less chosen, tedious and taxing side. I smell the freshness and feel the breezing cooling air brushing through my face as I walk in the new gate. Bright sunshine warms my feet and still water is next to me.

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 Love and Grace.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.