26 Feb 2010

The Overused tongue
Ecclesiastes 5:3 says that "a fool's voice is known by multitude of words." People think they appear smart by much talking, but the Bible states just the opposite. Ecclesiastes 5:2 says, "Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few." God doesn't like a blabber mouth.

The Backbiter tougue

Proverbs 25:23 and Romans 1:30 make mention of a backbiting tongue. A backbiter is someone who uses their tongue against you when you aren't present, yet they will not face you with their charges when you are present. This is a cowardly backbiter who would rather stir up problems than solve problems.

A backbiter would much rather talk ABOUT the preacher than talk TO the preacher. A backbiter would much rather talk ABOUT some weak Christian in the church than offer some words of encouragement TO them. A backbiter is of no use to anyone, and no one has ever been strengthened or edified through backbiting. Beware of the backbiters, especially the ones who sow discord among brethren (Pro. 6:19)!

I was upset when his tongue backbite me. I was angry and hurt like any other human.
But, I tell myself I don't want to be anyone else other than myself. I am not bound to any form of his standard. There is a teaching from SuperCamp that says 'The rejector is actually the one being rejected'. Not only that, bible tells me that the tongue is the 'deadly posion' that kills us.
There is another saying 'the mouth is on his face, you can't control him from saying anything.'
I have decided to let God heals me and deal with it. He is the rejector and he will still get the rejection.

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 Love and Grace.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.