11 Dec 2008

The trip return home gives me thoughts and realization. It is amazing that so much has changed. Right now, I could stand on the peak of the mountain and say that not a day Jesus' hand is away from making changes in my family and poeple in my family.

I dislike the feeling of being captured on this island. Everyone knows everyone's family. It is so small that sometimes we become lazy; at the same time, it is because it is small that people could work effectively. I want to explore more out from this small island. I always think different from the norm in the island. Yet, this homecoming makes me realise that there are some ways in life I could not escape but follow the same. Although I want to be different from the norm, I believe that what I come to realise will not go to waste. Break through is the way and follow good examples is what I should do. 

One death; one just made new life; one started new life with loved one and one family came back so far from this island. Looking back this year, these much I encountered. The death of my childhood cousin. Suicide. He had nothing lack in his life except love and Christ. Once again I prayed that his soul rest in peace *sigh and sob*.  At the same time, lives still go on. Cousins married; cousin becomes father soon and auntie and family fly back from the State to visit. 

I come to see and being reminded again what is serving. More than what I know all this while. From KeeAun's latest post, I come to see realise that each person you could love regardless they are believer or not is a serving as a follower of Christ. Thessalonians 13 to 15  "Patient"  captures my attention and brings me to think and also put this into action. When I read these verses, I truly thank God for putting me in the family of Pastor Lim to experience and learn how to break through from routine life, the norm belief, culture bondage, following what the crowds do or following church leaders without thinking whether the actions are right or wrong, how to love, how to be patient and simple love to lasting love. It is only through actions of love others see the difference and the truth, the way and the life in Jesus. 

Pray for me that I have patient for each one I serve :) 

For whom I have come to know, I can't wait to listen to you and hear the noise and jokes you make. 


1 comments:

MLHY* said...

love ur post title :)

 

Copyright 2010 Love and Grace.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.